Ricardo Batista Paralegal Scholarship
Paralegals for the Community, is an all women owned firm offering the community 25 years of experience in various areas of the law.
This scholarship is dedicated to the CoFounder’s Swannie and Rachel Batista late father Ricardo Batista. Ricardo was an entrepreneur and always strived for excellence.
The sisters, in his honor want to follow his legacy and be able to pay it forward. The Paralegals are dedicated in helping students advance their full range of knowledge and education through a Paralegal or Legal Studies program.
Award Amount: $1,000.00
Application Commences: Annually on February 1
Deadline: Annually on April 15
- New York or New Jersey Resident
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident or DACA recipient
- Be enrolled in a Accredited Paralegal or Legal Studies program at least part-time.
- Recommendation letter from a Professor (past or current)
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Be eligible to receive financial aid.
Applicant must submit a 250 word essay answering at least three of the five questions.
- What made you select Paralegal or Legal Studies as a major?
- How will your major contribute to your immediate or long-range career plans?
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have if you are awarded?
- What are your future goals post-completion of the program you are enrolled in?
- What skills do you possess that would be an asset to the legal industry?
Please submit your application, and essay to be considered to [email protected]
5 students will be awarded.
We are Certified Paralegals NOT Attorneys or a Law Firm. We cannot give legal advice or provide legal representation in court. We cannot create an attorney-client relationship. All document preparation is for individuals that are Pro-Se litigants.
391 East 149th Street, Suite 318
The Bronx, New York 10455
1912 Bergenline Avenue
Union City, New Jersey 07087
Phone: (929) 263-2073
Fax: (347) 270-3263