ALERT: Avoid Immigration Fraud
Don’t become a victim of immigration fraud by following these simple tips. In the State of New York, Immigration Service Providers must:
1) Must post a Bond with the State (they should also give you this information)
2) Provide their clients with an Immigration Service Contract detailing the fees and the services being rendered.
3) Ensure you get copies of everything being submitted to USCIS.
4) Ensure you sign everything being submitted to USCIS (must be your wet signature).
5) Never sign blank forms.
6) Payments should NEVER be processed by PHONE or EMAIL.
7) Checks, Money Orders always should be made payable to the Department of Homeland Security.
*If the person assisting you does not provide you with a contract highlighting the above, this is the first red flag.
Do not hesitate reporting scammers to your local and/or state police authorities.
What is No-Fault Insurance?
- a. Many people don’t truly understand the nuances of what No-Fault insurance really is or what it consists of. If a person has been involved in a Motor vehicle accident, whether a pedestrian, driver or passenger they are entitled to these benefits for three categories of economic loss totaling in $50,000.00. i. Medical Expenses (If you need to be treated by a physician or have outstanding medical bills related to the accident and etc).
- ii. Loss Wages (If you have missed anytime from work related to the accident).
- iii. Out of Pocket Expenses (If you have spent anything because of the accident, you are entitled to be reimbursed).
Do I have to file this within a certain time to be entitled?
Yes, you do. You have 30 days from the day of the accident to file a No-Fault Application also known as a NF2 form. It’s simple and straight forward. You can either wait for your insurance carrier to mail it to you- it’s a yellow legal-size form. Or you can look it up online and fill it out and mail it to your insurance carrier.
- • Example: Mary was driving her vehicle northbound on the I95 and was rear-ended on December 15, 2018. She has exactly 30 days from that date to submit her No-Fault application to be entitled to the three categories mentioned herein. Mary has until January 15, 2019.
How about if I don’t file my No-Fault application within 30 days?
Unfortunately, you will not be entitled to these benefits, unless you prove there was a reason why you couldn’t submit it in time.
- • Example: Hospitalized related to the accident and weren’t conscious. Depending on who the assigned adjuster is to work on your case is or insurance carrier, they will make an exception.
What information do I have to include with my No-Fault application?
- • Basic Contact information (Name, Address, Date of Birth, Phone Number)
- • Date of Accident Information (Date, Time, Location)
- • Injuries
- • Type of Accident (Rear, T-Bone, Head-Collision etc).
- • Description of Accident (Typically best thing is to include Police Report if available).
- • Hospital and/or Treatment Information
- • Employment Information
Your signature is required in three locations. The application is accepted by fax or mail